Thinking about the holidays

Sitting here at my computer listening to Christmas music on Dish. I am putting together my Thanksgiving menu and getting my shopping list together. I was in Safeway earlier today and noticed that they had Butterball turkeys for $9.99. My freezer is getting reorganized so I can get one. This is the first year in a very long time that I am cooking the whole dinner. In the past it was Thanksgiving in a box. I would get the Thanksgiving box from Safeway. It was an easy way to go on a hectic schedule. This year everything will be made, not preheated and served.

I am also getting the Christmas lists together. This year should be easier because our whole family is bringing one gift per person. If you want a gift you bring a gift. We have a $25.00 limit. I have 2 together already I just need to figure out one more. I am making a movie night gift basket and a warm and cozy basket. 

The movie basket has a large popcorn bowl filled with microwave popcorn in 2 types. I plan on waiting for Target to have their movies for $3.50. I will also tuck some candy in there.

My warm and cozy basket has a small fleece blanket along with a coffee cup. I have put some hot chocolate, hot apple cider mix and assorted coffee. I also added a can of shortbread cookies. I will also pick up some chocolate to add later.

Well that is what I have been up to lately. Still job hunting with no luck. I have dropped off 80 something resumes in October. Haven't heard a peep. I know something will come up I just have to be patient.     

Comments

Popular Posts