Autumn Quilt - Sneak Peak

I have been wanting to do a Autumn Quilt for my King size bed (yes I said king size) for some time. Honestly it scares the heck out of me, but I am just going to jump right on in and do it 1 block at a time. So here we go.

I have been collecting fabric for this quilt a little at a time in 1/2 yard pieces. Here is what I have so far. I still want to add a few more colors to this.




I cut out my pieces and laid out the rows. I started sewing them together and oops sewed it together wrong. Take it out and start over. 



Here is the way it is suppose to look.



2 1/2 hours later I finished my first block. I think it came out pretty good. I still have to square it up a little bit, but I will do that later.



I will be alternating this block pattern with another. I haven't decided on that pattern yet. For now I will just get these done. I figure by the time I have enough of this one in many color combinations I will have figured out what I want the other pattern to be. 

Comments

Popular Posts