Dragonflies and Lattice

I saw this nice quilt from Moda Bake Shop.
                                            
Thought it would make a nice Graduation/off to college quilt for my niece.   I love making quilts but I am on a really tight budget. I get most of my fabrics from Walmart or the second hand store that I volunteer at. I had leftover jelly roll strips from a baby quilt that I just finished. I also used some white that I had on hand. I didn't like all that solid (what looked like grey) fabric so I went with a black based dragonfly pattern for the squares and orange for the rest. As for the orange and the dragonfly material I was able to get it on sale.

I made a sample block first with some scrap fabric that I had. Just to see it I could make the block. It came out fine (this block will be use in a sample block quilt when I have enough blocks).






Here are the fabrics that I chose.



Now that everything is cut and ready to go I will be starting to put the pieces together tonight. I will be posting updates on how it is coming together.

Here is a block with the fabrics chosen. I think it is going to look great when finished. 




Comments

Popular Posts