WIP- 4-patch 9-patch

The 4-Patch 9-Patch is a work in progress. I have been working on it off and on since the beginning of the year. This is a scrappy quilt. I made the 4-patches from some black and white fabric. I had bought the black for another project but it didn't work out. So I paired it with some white.



These 4-patch blocks are made from 3½" strips (wof) one of each color sewn together. I then cut the strips into 3½" sections which were sewn into 4-patches. I got six 4-patch blocks from each strip. You could also do the 4-patches in black and white scraps.

All the 9-patches are from my scraps. I gathered scrap fabrics and paired them up. This can be random or you can pair them up any way you like.




 My 9-patches were done with 2½" strips about 8 inches long. Three strips for each color. After sewing strips together I cut them into 2½" sections and put together my 9-patches. I got 2 blocks from each color combination.





Here is what I have done so far.  


This is a great way to use up scraps.  

Comments

Post a Comment

Comments from my bloggy friends.

Popular Posts