Last Garden update - 09/22/2020

My experimental garden in review. This will be the last garden update for this year. This coming up weekend I will be cleaning out all my containers and getting them ready for winter. I will have one small pumpkin plant left. That is another experimental planting. I put it in later than anticipated because I lost track of time. There are a few tomatoes and bell peppers left. 

 

What I learned this year about growing in my micro climate is: you can grow vegetables in weather that is mostly foggy. Most of the plants did get at least 5 to 6 hours of sun through out the day. My balcony get both morning and afternoon sun when there is no fog. The bush garden beans did well. I got some beans but not enough for any meal. I would need to plants several plants and I don't have the room for that. The tomatoes, bell peppers and zucchini did very good and I will be planting more next year. The garlic and shallots did not do well. I am going to try again but in a different container and location. I am already planning on what I want to plant next year. 

Thank you for stopping by.

Veronica Norris

VeronicaNorrisDesign etsy shop

Linking up with:

Farm Fresh Tuesdays Blog Hop #71

Homestead Blog Hop 307

Simple Homestead Blog Hop 277

Comments

  1. Well...it’s winding down, isn’t it? It’s kind of bittersweet to see the garden dying back. I hope you continue to learn from your plants. We also are going to have to tweak our garden for next year. Too much rich soil led to leafy plants and not much food!

    Guess we are all learning!

    Thanks for coming by the Homestead Blog Hop! And thanks for sharing your update!

    Blessings,
    Laurie
    https://www.ridgehavenhomestead.com
    🍂

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments from my bloggy friends.

Popular Posts