Goose in the Pond Pillow

I had this Better Homes and Gardens patchwork pillow kit just laying around the house. I thought that it might make a nice gift for a friend of mine. Sooo I opened it up and started working on it. It was a nightmare to do. All the pieces were uneven or the wrong measurements. I had to do a lot of improvising. Then there was the mistake by me (I blame some of it on my pain meds for a tooth that I just had pulled). I didn't notice it until I was almost done quilting the pillow top. Oh well, I wasn't going to take it all apart. Besides hubby said, "Don't worry about it, it looks fine". Anyway it is done and looks OK the mistake still bugs me, but My friend will understand.

Here are some pictures of it laid out before I finished piecing it together.



Here are the pictures after I quilted it, mistake and all.



Here is the completed pillow with all the ruffles and a picture of the back.




What have I learned from this experience? Don't buy a kit. Use a pattern instead where you can measure and cut your own fabrics. And never do a project while on medication. It can wait until you feel better.




Comments

Popular Posts