Scarf Decoupage Pumpkins

I took a little break from sewing to make some decoupage pumpkins.




I was looking through Pinterest for Fall decorating ideas when I came across these cute SILK SCARF PUMPKINS. I decided to give it a try and make some for myself.




I had some pumpkins here and bought 2 more at the Dollar Tree. I bought 2 cheap scarves. One from a thrift store which was silk and another from the Dollar Tree which was polyester. I also found 2 nice picks at Michael's to use on the tops.




The trick is to make sure you cut your scarf pieces small enough. The first one that I did the pieces were a little big. I had a hard time making it smooth. I also found that the polyester fabric was trickier to apply. The silk went on nicely. I used orange pumpkins because the were cheap but if you want the scarf colors to show up better I would suggest using the more expensive white pumpkins. 





I think that they came out very nice.

Linking up with:

Crazy Mom Quilts

Craftaholics Anonymous

The Handmade Hangout

Savvy Southern Style

.

Comments

  1. That's a very interesting idea. Cute finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought so too. They were fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need a centerpiece for my table when our bee meets at my house in November. Now I know exactly what I will be making. These are beautiful. I'm thinking of painting the pumpkins white or cream first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colors of the scarf will show up better on a white or cream pumpkin.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks,
      but I can't take credit for the idea, only the pumpkins that I made.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments from my bloggy friends.

Popular Posts