August Pie - Zapple Pie

 I am making a Zapple pie for August. Zapple pie is a mock apple pie made with zucchini. I found the recipe at Common Sense Home. Zucchini is very bountiful this time of year. This has been a recipe that I have been wanting to try for a while. It is always nice to find another way to use the larger zucchini that seem to hide. I remember my grandpa found a huge zucchini that my 8 year old brother could barely pick up. They called it Henrietta. Makes me smile every time I think about it. My grandma make stuffed zucchini boats out of it.



Hubby took over cooking for the day. I had to make room in the freezer for my incoming Butcher Box. My son buys packages of chicken legs but only cooks part of the package. I found four bags with two legs in each bag in the freezer. I also pulled out a bag of chicken thighs. On to the grill they went.




Thanks for stopping by.


Linking up with:

Farm Fresh Tuesdays Blog Hop #67

 

Comments

Popular Posts