Smoky BBQ Bacon-Wrapped Dogs

Smoky BBQ Bacon-Wrapped Dogs


When your typical ballpark dog won’t do, try this pumped-up version. The hot dogs are rolled in a chile-spiked spice mixture before being wrapped in bacon and grilled. They’re served with two options for dipping: a tangy honey barbecue sauce and a lemony mayonnaise.
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1 tablespoon honey
1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar, divided
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ancho chile powder
8 beef hot dogs
8 slices bacon
8 hot dog buns, split
1. Heat grill. Combine barbecue sauce, honey and 1 tablespoon of the vinegar in small bowl. Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice and remaining 1/2 tablespoon vinegar in another small bowl.

2. Combine brown sugar, paprika, cumin and chile powder in shallow dish. Press hot dogs into seasoning to coat; wrap each with 1 bacon strip. Insert toothpick in each end to secure bacon.

3. Grill hot dogs, covered, over medium-low heat or coals 12 to 15 minutes or until bacon is browned and hot dogs are heated through, turning every 2 to 3 minutes to evenly brown bacon. Place buns on grill during last 1 to 2 minutes of cooking to toast. Remove toothpicks; serve hot dogs in buns with sauces on side.

8 sandwiches

Comments

  1. Y to the U to the M!!! Those sound fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound so good! I was planning on grilling hot dogs anyway tomorrow. Since I've got all the ingredients, I'm gonna give this one a whirl!!! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Veronica, I am sorry you are having trouble. I don't know the problem but I will be happy to help you if it continues. Let me know!
    ~Gay~
    itsahodgepodgelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you try again? I will be glad to do it for you but I will need your email address and which post you want linked. Thanks for trying!
    ~Gay~
    itsahodgepodgelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi..I’m Barb from Fri. Follow. I am your newest follower. I hope you will get a chance to visit my blog @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
    & get inspired by something for your family/home. I hope you will follow me as well.
    Also I'm having a Link Party Monday April 12th called "My Creative Space" @ Santa's Gift Shoppe Year Round..Would love you to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Looks fabulous! Defiantly going to try these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had these tonight....and oh my gosh...were they gooooooood!!!! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Veronica! So glad you dropped by today. I'm following you back! ~Lanie J.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omgosh we would love those...easy recipe too:) Thanks for stopping over at my outdoor tour:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments from my bloggy friends.

Popular Posts