Garden Gift

My good friend Melissa sent this I thought this was a really neat project. So I am sharing it with all of you.

Garden Gift



Give a gift that can be used indoors or out -- rocks with a personal touch.




What You Need:


Rocks with smooth surfaces
Leaves
Alphabet stencil
Heavy paper
Pencil
Crafts knife
Spray adhesive
Newspapers
Spray paint in gold, copper, or other desired color

Instructions:


1. For the painted leaf or initial designs, trace a leaf or letter in the center of a piece of heavy paper. Using a crafts knife, cut along the traced lines, remove the shape, and discard, leaving a stencil. Spray the back side of paper leaf or alphabet cutout with spray adhesive.


2. For the painted rock, spray back side of leaves with adhesive. Place onto rock.


3. For both rocks, cover work surface with newspapers in a well-ventilated work area. Spray rocks with three light coats of spray paint. Let dry. Remove leaves or paper stencil.


More Ideas:


Make enough monogrammed rocks to spell a name or Welcome.
Use bright-colored spray paints for someone with contemporary tastes.

Comments

  1. Really pretty and easy to do too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Veronica!! You have won the chalkboard and markers from my giveaway! Please contact me with your mailing info! YAY!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to say that I love this idea!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea!! I LOVE this and can hardly wait to show it to my daughter. I am going to find some rocks to paint as I have a spot just waiting for them! They are too cute and what a smart friend you have to think of this!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments from my bloggy friends.

Popular Posts